Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'm back...

So, it's only been about 2 1/2 years since my last post...I've been a little behind.  There has been so much that's happened since then that I'll spare you the details and start from my current situation.

I quit my job about a month ago, and I'm currently a stay-at-home mommy.  The girls are in daycare through the end of this month, so I've been working with my mom and getting the house in order for when they are here full-time.  It's been great so far.  I've caught up on some projects around the house that I've been putting off, met up with some friends that I didn't have much time for while I was working (quite unfortunate, might I add), and I've had some time for myself.  What a change already!  I can't wait until the girls are here full-time.  I already have lots planned!

Mark (my husband) started his own accounting firm about a year and a half ago, and business is taking off.  Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on the perspective from which you're looking at it), he's busy and has some other projects in the wings as well.  I don't get to see him much during this time of year (did I mention he's a TAX accountant?), so that transition has been difficult in the past few weeks.  But, we're getting into the swing of things.

I've also started a Personal Training Certification class through Montgomery County Community College that meets every Tuesday and Thursday nights until April 12th.  This has been exciting so far as I'm getting to put into practice something that I've come to love over the past few years: EXERCISE.  I've also found that I'm much more into helping people reach their fitness goals and maintain them than I ever thought I could be.  I'm so excited for this new venture and am looking forward to putting it into practice!  We're at the beginning stages of the class, so I'm learning A LOT of anatomy - a class that I've always wanted to take.  I have a lot of ideas rolling around in my head so far...stay tuned!

As for the weight loss portion of this blog, I had my second child in October of 2010.  Another baby girl; her name is Chelsea, and she's a beautiful 15 month old already!  Keira is now 2 1/2, and they're both growing up so fast.  With my second daughter came a weight gain of about 30lbs (on top of the 30 I hadn't gotten off from having Keira).  Today I can happily and thankfully say that I'm down 40lbs and almost back to the weight I was prior to having Keira!  This has taken a lot of hard work and dedication.  After I had Chelsea, I decided to sign up for a few running races to keep myself on track (think about it: you put out X amount of dollars, you better at least be able to finish!).  I signed up for the ING Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon that was held on September 18, 2011.  After I signed up for that, I figured I might want to break myself into the long-distance running world a little bit slower, so I signed up for the Broad Street Run that was held in May of 2011.  That's a 10-mile race.  "Easing" was probably not a true option.  So, to get my feet wet for that, I decided to sign up for the Get The Lead Out 10k race (6.2 miles) that was held in early April, 2011.  I finished all three races.  I even signed up for a second half-marathon, the Philadelphia Half-Marathon, held on November 20, 2011.  Finished that one, too, and even came in 7 minutes faster than the ING Rock 'n Roll Half in September!

A little while ago, I decided to become vegan.  Not for political purposes or animal rights to be totally honest, but for my health.  I've done a lot of research on not eating meat and eating more whole foods.  Believe me when I tell you, stop eating processed junk.  You'll be amazed by how much energy you have, how good your mood will be, how much better you'll sleep, how much easier it will be to breathe.  And the weight will start to fall off.  (Reference: Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.  Blog: www.diseaseproof.com.)

Today is the day I become accountable again.  I'm looking to lose another 40lbs this year.  I did it last year; you damn well better believe that I can do it again this year.  I'm making this a reality.  Join me in my journey through this jungle we call weight loss.  But let's change it's name.  Let's start calling this a journey to something, not from something.  From something constantly references the past and calls our attention to what we were.  Heading to something helps us focus on what is to come and the wonderful life we have to look forward to.  This is the start of my journey to a life full of wonderful memories; of being able to play with my kids and not feel tired or out of breath after 5 minutes; of sharing experiences with my family for as long as my body will let me; of a healthy new beginning that can start now, because I'm ready to face this head on.  Here's to your health and happiness as I'm finding mine.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH for blogging....love, love, love it.....I will link yours to mine~

    You have come so far and I look forward to sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE ARE YOU!!!!! Giddy UP for a GREAT year!

    ReplyDelete